Let’s be clear, I’m not asking business people to prepare for PMP or Prince2 or any other certification. I mean training on the basic skills, techniques and processes of project management.
Do any of these describe you?
- You have just been assigned a project off the side of your desk and have no idea how to start
- You have been picked as the sponsor of a project (big or small) and you don’t know what to expect from a PM
- Your projects (as a sponsor or assigned PM) are getting off track
- As the sponsor you have no idea if your projects are on track or not
- As a business leader/owner you have too many projects on the list and no way to prioritize
Whether you have to lead or sponsor the project, it’s important to know what to expect. How do you start a project so that it’s more likely to be a success?
- scope statements will detail what you will or won’t deliver
- success and closing criteria will help keep you on track
- good governance documented in a charter will help keep the project moving
How do you manage communications? Who get what information?
- status reporting will provide an overview for most audiences
- a communication plan will help identify who your audiences are for each communication
- a stakeholder management plan will help keep everyone up to date based on their needs.
I have a course designed as a full day workshop designed for the business person that leads you through the process from initiation to project closure.
If you are interested check out my training courses or contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org